- Home >
- Batteries & Chargers >
- Entellion - Pre Engineered Power Solutions >
- VR420 Lithium Ion Smart Batteries
VR420 Lithium Ion Smart Batteries
The Entellion VR420A Lithium Ion smart battery was developed by Accutronics in response to OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) demand for an off-the-shelf, compact, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery solution for professional portable and transportable devices.
The VR420A allows device designers to integrate a smart Lithium ion battery into the next generation of devices with minimal effort and cost. Each battery has been designed to provide a high level of functionality and safety, reducing time to market while eliminating tooling and qualification costs.
14.4V High Energy Density Lithium Ion Technology
The VR420A contains Lithium ion cells with a LiCo2 cathode – this technology offers the highest volumetric and gravimetric energy density which means the VR420A allows devices to run for longer between charges and allow devices to remain lightweight.
The VR420A has a typical capacity of 6200mAh (89.3Wh). Operating between 16.8V and 10.0V (14.4V average) the VR420A is ideal for the next generation of electronic devices where a compact, high energy density battery is required.
At 152mm x 88mm x 23mm, the VR420A can be easily designed into portable and transportable devices with minimal effort. It feature a tough, UL94V-0 rated black plastic casing and polarised rails on either side which allows it to be slid into devices along corresponding ribs designed into your device.
Impedance Tracking Fuel Gauge with SMBus Communication
It is important that users know how long their electronic device will run before it requires charging. The VR420A contains embedded SBS (Smart Battery Specification) compliant fuel gauge electronics which constantly track the battery capacity and communicate this to the device upon request. The impedance tracking technology ensures the information remains reliable over a wide temperature range and over the life of the battery. The fuel gauge is also capable of providing other pertinent data such as battery voltage, temperature and serial number making the VR420A battery a valuable part of your device power management. VR420A bateries are fully compatible with smart charger ICs such as the Linear LTC4100.
The VR420A features multi-layered protection systems to ensure it remains safe under all operating conditions. In addition to passive over-current protection, each battery contains active electronic circuitry which protects the cells against over-charge, over-discharge, over-current and short-circuit. A secondary over voltage protection circuit provides an additional layer of safety. The VR420A meets the requirements of IEC 62133:2012 and UL 2054 (2nd edition).
A reliable system of electrical connection is provided through the use of a 6-way connector from Samtec. Connections for Battery Positive, Battery Negative, NTC, SMBus Clock, SMBus Data and Battery Present are all available through this interface. The mating male connector is readily available from either Samtec or Accutronics in both vertical and right angled versions.
The VR420A can be easily designed into electronic devices due to the level of regulatory certification that comes as standard:
- Transportation: VR420A has been tested to, and meet the requirements of the UN Model Regulations and the Manual of Tests and Criteria (ST/SG/AC.10/11 Rev5).
- Safety: VR420A meets the requirements of IEC62133:2012 and a CB test certificate is available upon request. Compliance to this standard is becoming a requirement of many device standards and is already mandatory for medical devices certified to EN60601-1 3rd edition.
- Safety: VR420A meets the requirements of UL 2054 (2nd edition)
- CE Compliance. Both batteries meet the requirements of the EMC directive 2004/108/EC and are CE marked.
VR420A is ideally suited to the environments experienced in modern electronic devices – they can be charged between 0°C and +45°C, discharged between -20°C and +60°C and stored between -20°C and +60°C.
Accutronics provide full technical support from our headquarters in the UK. We can provide 3D CAD models, charger design support, software assistance and help with regulatory compliance.
We understand that although the VR420A is available off the shelf and comes with regulatory approval as standard, some customers would prefer that some of the design details could be modified. We can produce custom versions so they better integrate with your corporate identity:-
- Case Colour: VR420A batteries are shipped in standard ‘black’ but custom colours can be produced so the battery matches that of your device.
- Software: The programming of the fuel gauge inside the VR420A can be modified if required.
- Labeling: The standard Entellion labeling can be modified with OEM labeling and repurchase information as required.
- Packaging: VR420A ships with standard OEM packaging. Custom packaging solutions can be produced if required.
No Change Agreement
When we produce a customised battery for our customers we also issue a no-change agreement. This simply means that we will not modify the fit, form or function of the product without your prior knowledge and express permission. This gives you the confidence that the product will always remain compliant with your device and prevents any regulatory compliance or quality issues.
Why Specify an Entellion VR420A Lithium Ion Smart Battery in Your Next Product?
- Designed specifically for professional OEMs by a company who provide rechargeable batteries to many of the world’s leading portable electronic device OEMs.
- Available off-the-shelf in quantities from one, to tens of thousands, either as a standard product or customised to meet your needs.
- High tech solution utilising the latest lithium ion and fuel gauging technology.
- Backed up with unrivaled technical and commercial support.
You can find more information on the VR420A Lithium Ion smart batteries by clicking on any of the links on this page. You can also purchase on line or request a quotation for volume production. If you require technical or commercial assistance please send us an email or complete our enquiry form.
Ask Accutronics to design & manufacture a unique battery or charger for your new product through our Accupro design & manufacturing serviceClick Here
Accutronics is the sole distributor for the wide range of standard smart batteries, chargers & accessories from Inspired EnergyClick here
Entellion products are smart, innovative portable power products, designed to meet the emerging needs of feature-laden devices in professional markets.Click Here
Standard cells, batteries, chargers and other products to help decrease your development costs and compress your time to market.Click Here